Summary List Placement
Happy Saturday, and welcome to Insider Finance. Here’s a rundown of the must-know stories from the past week:
- Healthcare bankers are in high demand, and many rainmakers are on the move.
- 10 fintechs transforming how Black, Latinx, immigrant, and LGBT+ communities bank, invest, and borrow.
- Former hedge fund star Jason Karp’s “Jerry Maguire” moment.
If this email was forwarded to you, sign up here to get your daily dose of the stories dominating banking, business, and big deals.
Wall Street banks are snapping up healthcare dealmakers in what one headhunter calls an ‘extremely, extremely active’ hiring market
Charles Anderson, who leads Heidrick & Struggles’ corporate- and investment-banking recruiting business, described the demand from clients for healthcare searches as being “extremely, extremely active” in recent months. Here’s a rundown of recent senior banker moves.
Insider spoke with 10 execs who are transforming how Black, Latinx, immigrant, and LGBT+ communities bank, invest, and borrow. See the full story here.
A rising star in the hedge fund world left it all behind to start his own healthy snacks company. Here’s what was behind Jason Karp’s ‘Jerry Maguire’ moment.
Jason Karp managed billions as the founder of the hedge fund Tourbillon. But he left it all behind to get into a totally different business: building healthy-food brands. Keep reading here.
Billionaire and former hedge fund manager Mike Novogratz explains why institutional adoption of crypto is set to ‘explode’
Novogratz says he recently spoke with one of the three biggest pension funds in America and that they are getting close to investing in crypto. See the full story here.
Wall Street people moves
- Two Sigma hired a top engineer from Google
- RBC poached a senior credit analyst from UBS for its growing junk bond and distressed trading desk
- Get the full rundown here.
Other top headlines from this week
- Morgan Stanley’s top tech exec highlighted the 3 reasons why the bank tapped Microsoft as a key partner for its cloud strategy
- Neogov just nabbed an investment from Carlyle and Warburg. Execs at the PE giants detail why M&A will be a big part of the HR software’s growth plans.
- Here are the money managers Credit Suisse says are likeliest buyers and sellers as analysts expect more M&A
- Women dealmakers bore the brunt of pandemic burnout. A private-equity exec explains how the industry can reset and fix the problem.