WITH hundreds of major UK retailers slashing prices, tracking down the best Black Friday deals can seem like a daunting task. But fear not, we’ve done the hard work for you and rounded up today’s very best sales and offers below.
Top brands like Shark, Dyson, Apple and Sky have all been featured in the price cuts, with even more major chains and brands set to join the discounting this week.
* We may earn revenue if you click the links below and buy the products but we never let this affect our recommendations. Remember to shop around on Black Friday to make sure you’re getting the best price.
- Shop Boots deals here
- Shop Amazon deals here
- Shop Shark deals here
- Shop Very deals here
- Shop Simba mattress deals here
- Shop AO deals here
- Shop Currys deals here
Today’s Best Black Friday deals UK
Many top UK retailers have kicked off their sales, and we’ve picked out some of the best offers we’ve spotted this weekend.
John Lewis has quietly kicked off its sale without many much of a fuss, with discounts including 50% off Clinique’s Best Bits Skincare and Makeup Gift Set, £120 off this top-rated washer dryer and £160 off a Shark Cordless Vacuum Cleaner.
Today’s best TV deals
- LG55″ OLED55A16LA Smart 4K Ultra HD OLED TV with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa, £899 (save £100) at Currys – buy here
- LG 48″ OLED48C14LB Smart 4K TV, £999 (lowest price ever) at Argos – buy here
- LG 65″ OLED65C14LB Smart 4K TV, £1699 (save £800) at AO – buy here
- JVC 39″ LT-39C3210 Smart HD LED TV, £339 (save £100.99) at Currys – buy here
Today’s best beauty deals
- Dyson Airwrap Complete (refurbished), £399.99 (save £50) – buy here
- GHD Air professional hairdryer, £87 (save £22) – buy here
- Amazon Beauty Advent Calendar, £52 (save £18) – buy here
- Save 30% on beauty kits at Charlotte Tilbury – buy here
- Gucci Rush Eau de Toilette £38 (save £24) – buy here
Today’s best fashion deals
- Save up to 70% at Gymshark – shop here
- Save up to 50% at Aspinal of London – shop here
- Save up to 80% at Farfetch – shop here
(AD) If you’re looking to pick up some Christmas gifts in the sales, why not opt for a custom handmade portrait from Paint Your Life? The brand is offering an exclusive £50 off orders for all Sun readers with THESUN50 discount code.
While the early bird savings are enticing, we always advise you to shop around to ensure you really are getting the best possible price.
These tools will help bargain-hunters spot the real savings on coveted items during the epic sale.
Best early Black Friday deals 2021 – LIVE NOW
Black Friday is a good time to look for a bargain on a new mattress and most of the major bed-in-a-box companies slash their prices throughout November.
Latest Black Friday mattress deals:
- Simba Sleep – Up to 50% off orders over £300
- Emma Mattress – Up to 60% off with the code ‘SUN’
- Nectar Sleep – 45% off
- Eve Sleep – 35% off
- Wayfair – some reductions of £50+
- Dreams – 60% off Campbell Pocket Mattress
Look out for price cuts on Dyson vacuum cleaners[/caption]
Dyson vacuum cleaners are some of the most coveted (and well known) home appliances on the market. So it’s no wonder shoppers clamour to pick them up at discounted prices during the Black Friday sale.
Previous sales have seen decent savings on older models, so if you’re not necessarily looking for the newest on the market you can find yourself a real bargain.
Latest Dyson Black Friday deals:
- Dyson V11 Absolute, now £499.99, (save £100) – buy here
- Dyson Cyclone V10 Absolute Pro cordless vacuum, now £299.99, (save £100) – buy here
- Dyson V15 Detect Animal Cordless Vacuum Cleaner & Floor Dok Bundle at Currys: £499, (save £100) – buy here
- Dyson V11 Absolute Cordless Vacuum Cleaner at Currys, now £449, (save £150) – buy here
- DYSON Cyclone V10 Animal Extra Cordless Vacuum Cleaner – Fuchsia at Currys, now £299, save £100 – buy here
- Dyson V6 Trigger Handheld Vacuum Cleaner (refurbished) at Currys, now £109, (save £120) – buy here
Shark vacuum cleaners are a popular choice in the Black Friday sales[/caption]
The Shark vacuum cleaners are the closest rivals to Dyson, and often raved about by popular cleaning influencers like Mrs Hinch.
The state of the art cleaners boast additional handy Anti Hair wrap and Allergy DuoClean features to make your cleaning chores even easier.
Shark has kicked off their Black Friday discounts already – shop the sale here
Latest Shark Black Friday discounts:
- Shark Anti Hair Wrap Corded Stick Vacuum Cleaner with Flexology [HZ500UKT] at Amazon: £178.99 (save £91) – buy here
- SHARK WV200UK Handheld Vacuum Cleaner – Grey at Currys: £99.99 (save £30.01) – buy here
- Shark Dynamic Technology CV100UKT Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner at AO: £149 (save £100) – buy here
- Shark Anti Hair Wrap Flexology IZ201UK Cordless Vacuum Cleaner at Currys: £189.99 (save £160) – buy here
- SHARK DuoClean Powered Lift-Away True Pet Anti Hair Wrap AZ910UKT Upright Bagless Vacuum Cleaner, now £189.99, save £179.01 – buy here
- Shark Anti Hair Wrap Upright Vacuum Cleaner with Powered Lift-Away and TruePet NZ850UKTDB at Shark, now £219.99, save £150 – buy here
Black Friday isn’t just a time where you can get discounts on physical products, it’s also a great opportunity to save on everyday services such as broadband.
From today several major providers have launched Black Friday sales including Sky and BT.
Latest Broadband Black Friday offers:
- Now Broadband, £21pm, 63Mb/s, 12-month contract – buy here
- Community Fibre, £22.50pm, 75Mb/s, 24-month contract – buy here
- Sky Fibre, £25pm, 72-74Mb/s, 18-month contract – buy here
- Virgin Media, £25pm, 108 Mb/s, 18-month contract – buy here
- BT 3 months FREE, then £27.99pm, 35Mb, 24-month contract – buy here
You’ll have to be quick to snap up savings on the Nintendo Switch[/caption]
The Nintendo Switch games console is a great buy for adults and children alike.
With the arrival of the new Nintendo Switch OLED, we’re expecting good deals on the older version of the console this Black Friday.
Latest Nintendo Switch Black Friday sales:
- Nintendo Switch Console at Very: £259 (save £20) – buy here
- Nintendo Switch Lite at Amazon: £197 (save £12.99) – buy here
- Nintendo Switch Console (grey) at Currys: £259 (save £20) – buy here
- Nintendo Switch (Neon Red/Neon blue) + PDP Headset at Amazon: £268.99 (save £40.99) – buy here
Airpods are a coveted item during Black Friday[/caption]
Apple set a new benchmark for Bluetooth earbuds with the launch of its AirPods back in 2016.
The second generation, which launched a few years later, has had a number of improvements, including a longer battery life and voice activation.
It remains a popular item for shoppers looking for deals during Black Friday.
Latest Apple AirPod Black Friday discounts:
- AirPods Pro at Amazon: £199 (save £40) – buy here
- AirPods (2019) Earphones with Wireless Charging Case at Amazon: £99 (save £20) – buy here
- AirPods (2019) Earphones with Charging Case at Very: £99 (save £20) – buy here
- AirPods (2019) Earphones with Wireless Charging Case at Very: £139 (save £60) – buy here
- AirPods Max – Green at Amazon: £479 (save £70) – buy here
- Apple AirPods with Charging Case (2nd generation) at Currys: £119 (save £20) – buy here
- Apple AirPods (2nd Gen) – White at AO, now £109, save £17 – buy here
Black Friday is a great time to look for TV deals[/caption]
TVs are always a popular item for consumers to splash out on during the Black Friday sale.
There’s usually a wide range on offer, depending on your budget and needs. Last year saw hefty price cuts on smart 4K HD TV models from LG, Samsung and Sony.
Latest Black Friday TV deals:
- Samsung QLED QE55Q60AA 55″ Smart 4K Ultra HD TV at AO, now £649, save £50 – buy here
- LG OLED48C14LB 48″ OLED 4K Ultra HD HDR Smart TV: £999 (save £400) – buy here
- Panasonic TX-40JX850BZ 40″ Smart 4K Ultra HD TV at AO now £564, save £235 – buy here
- Samsung QE55QN94AATXXU 55″ Smart 4K Ultra HD OLED TV: £1299 (save £300) – buy here
- Toshiba 65UL2163DBC 65″ Smart 4K Ultra HD TV at AO: £499 (save £100) – buy here
- LG OLED65C14LB 65″ Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV with Google Assistant & Alexa at Currys: £1699 (save £600) – buy here
- LG 43UP75006LF, 43 inch, 4K Ultra HD, HDR, Smart TV at Very: £378 (save £71) – buy here
- Samsung UE32T5300 32 inch Full HD, Smart TV at Very: £248 (save £31) – buy here
- Samsung 2021 55 inch AU7100 UHD 4K HDR Smart TV at Very, now £499, save £150 – buy here
- LG OLED48A16LA 48 inch OLED, 4K Ultra HD HDR, Smart, TV at Very, now £799, save £999 – buy here
We’re pretty sure you’ll see some impressive price cuts on both the latest and older iPhone models in the Black Friday sale.
Last year the iPhone 11 had big discounts and we expect to see some competitive pricing for the iPhone 12 model this year, whether you’re after a SIM-free handset or pay-monthly plan.
Don’t forget to check out our best Black Friday iPhone deals for 2021 if you’re planning to purchase a new Apple handset in the sale.
Latest iPhone Black Friday offers:
- iPhone 13 Pro 128GB, Unlimited data: £35.50 p/m (£69 upfront) – buy here
- iPhone 12 64GB, 50GB data and FREE AirPods: £34.99 p/m (£29.99 upfront) – buy here
- iPhone 13 Pro 128GB, 100GB data: £39 p/m (£249 upfront) – buy here
- iPhone 12 Pro 5G 128GB in Pacific Blue, 100GB data: £47 p/m (£0 upfront) – buy here
- Apple iPhone Xr 64GB (Red), Unlimited data: £25 p/m (0 upfront) – buy here
Amazon has already begun slashing prices on own-brand devices[/caption]
Black Friday is often a great time to snap up deals on the Amazon devices from the online giant and its rivals, so worth tracking prices ensure you pick one up for the lowest possible price.
Amazon’s Echo speakers are the perfect entry-level smart home gadgets. You can control your music, make hands-free calls and use your other smart devices with Alexa, Amazon’s virtual assistant.
Other Amazon devices such as the Fire TV sticks and Fire HD tablets are also great affordable smart home accessories to snap up in the sales.
Latest Black Friday Amazon Echo deals:
- Echo Dot 4th Gen + 6 Months FREE Amazon Music Unlimited, £49.99 (save £59.94) – buy here
- Echo Show 8 (1st Gen, 2019 release) at Amazon: £59.99 (save £40) – buy here
- Echo Dot (4th generation) | Smart speaker with clock and Alexa, now £38.99, save £21 – buy here
- Echo Dot 3rd Gen at Amazon: £18.99 (save £21) – buy here
- Kindle Paperwhite: £79.99 (save £70) – buy here
- JVC Fire TV Edition 43” Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV: £299 (save £80.99) – buy here
- All-new Echo Dot (4th generation) Kids | Designed for children, with parental controls | Tiger, now £33.99, save £26 – buy here
- Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote (includes TV controls) | HD streaming device, now £19.99, save £20 – buy here
- Fire TV Cube | Hands free with Alexa, 4K Ultra HD streaming media player, now £59.99, save £50 – buy here
- Echo Show 5 | 2nd generation (2021 release) + Ring Video Doorbell Wired by Amazon, Works with Alexa, Charcoal, now £49.99, save £74 – buy here
Samsung phones are a great Android alternative to iPhones[/caption]
If you prefer Androids to iPhones, Samsung offer some of the best smartphones on the market.
Whether you’re looking to pick up a Samsung Galaxy S21 or invest in a new Galaxy Z Fold or Flip phone in the discounts, there are plenty of savings on pay monthly plans and handsets.
Latest Samsung Black Friday sales:
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G 128GB, 30GB data: £50 p/m (0 upfront) – buy here
- Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G 128GB, 105GB data: £26 p/m (£9 upfront) – buy here
- Galaxy S21 5G 128GB, 100GB data: £33 (£49 upfront) – buy here
11. Washing Machines
If you need to buy some white goods, Black Friday is the ideal time to pick up big savings.
Washing machine deals are some of the most alluring during the huge shopping event, with offers on big brands such as Hotpoint, LG, Samsung and Candy.
Latest washing machine Black Friday discounts
- Samsung Series 6 AddWash AutoDose WW10T684DLH Wifi Connected 10.5Kg Washing Machine at AO: £599, (save £120) – buy here
- Bosch Serie 6 WAU28T64GB 9kg Load Washing Machine at Very: £479.99, (save £310) – buy here
- Indesit MTWC91284WUK 9kg Load, 1200 Spin Washing Machine at Very: £209.99, (save £100) – buy here
- AEG L6FBG141R Freestanding Washing Machine with ProSense Technology at Amazon: £474.99, (save £124.01) – buy here
- HOOVER H-Wash 300 H3W 69TMGGE NFC 9 kg 1600 Spin Washing Machine – Graphite at Currys, now £269, save £70.99 – buy here
- SAMSUNG Series 5+ Auto Dose WW10T534DAW/S1 WiFi-enabled 10.5 kg 1400 Spin Washing Machine – White, now £499, save £120 – buy here
Black Friday is a great time for parents to stock up on discounted toys for Christmas.
Top brands and retailers like Argos, LEGO and Disney often slash the price on popular or ‘top toys’ in the sales.
However some of the most in demand items will tend to sell out fast, so make sure you check the list below for all the latest best deals.
Best Black Friday toy deals
- L.O.L Surprise! OMG Glamper Fashion Camper with 55+ Surprises, £74.99 (save £25) – buy here
- Lexibook POWERMAN STAR robot at Very: £29.99 (save £20) – buy here
- LEGO 76387 Harry Potter Hogwarts: Fluffy Encounter Castle Toy Building Set, £28 (save £6.99) – buy here
- LEGO 43194 Disney Anna and Elsa’s Frozen Wonderland Castle Toy, £26.99 (save £8) – buy here
- Pets Alive Boppi The Booty Shakin’ Llama, £15 (save £10) – buy here
- John Lewis & Partners Buzzwire Game, £7.68, save £1.92 – buy here
- LEGO Creator Expert 10282 adidas Originals Superstar, £33.49 save £16.50 at John Lewis – buy here
The Black Friday sales isn’t just the time to stock up on tech and electricals.
There are plenty of impressive discounts across beauty brands and retailers too, with major players like Boots, Lookfantastic, FeelUnique and Superdrug all taking part.
Expect lots of premium beauty deals from brands like MAC, Elemis, Olaplex and more. Here are the best deals spotted so far.
- For 30 percent off at CultBeauty, use the code CBCYBER – shop here
- To save up to 33 percent off beauty, head to FeelUnique – shop here
- At Boots, you can save 20 percent and more on selected Urban Decay, IT Cosmetics, Lancome Genifique, Sepctrum Cosmetics, and Liz Early – shop here
- Superdrug are offering three for two across ALL cosmetics – shop here
- MAC Star Gift Set, £35 (Worth £83)- buy here
- No7 Beauty Gifting Bundle, £50 (save £145) – buy here
- Estée Lauder Exclusive Prep and Hydrate 3-piece Kit, £33.25 (save £33.25) – buy here
- Feelunique Beauty Advent Calendar 2021, £89.25 (Save £29.75) – buy here
- Amazon Beauty Advent Calendar 2021, £52 (Save £18) – buy here
- NuFACE Mini Facial Toner, £120 (save £55) – buy here
- Foreo UFO 2 face mask device: £199 (save £49.80) – buy here
Hoverboards and electric scooters have shot up in popularity over the last couple of years, and will no doubt feature on a lot of Christmas lists this year. Black Friday is a great time to get one at a discount.
- UNAGI Model One E500 Folding Electric Scooter, £603.57 with code ‘Unagi7’, save £295.43 – buy here
- Air with Classic Kart, £229.99 from Hoverboard.co.uk, save £156 – buy here
- Air Black Camo Hoverboard, £199.99 from Hoverboard.co.uk, save £114.50 – buy here
- Air Flame Hoverboard, £199.99 from Hoverboard.co.uk, save £114.50 – buy here
- Hover-1 Superstar Hoverboard & Go-Kart Combo, £219 from Currys, save £80 – buy here
- Zinc Smart X Hoverboard, £180 from House of Fraser, save £119.99 – buy here
15. Coffee Machines
- Nespresso by Magimix Vertuo Nex 11719 Pod Coffee Machine, 369 (save £80) at AO – buy here
- Sage Barista Express Espresso Coffee Machine with Temp Control Milk Jug, £549 (save £141) – buy here
- Tassimo by Bosch Style TAS1107GB Coffee Machine, £29 (save £50.99) – buy here
- Oral-B Genius Black Electric Toothbrush, £90 (save £210) – buy here
- Two-Pack Oral B Pro 3 – 3900 – Black and Pink Electric Toothbrushes, £55 (save £85) – buy here
- Oral B Genius X Limited Edition Rose Gold Electric Toothbrush, £90 (save £250) – buy here
- Oral B 1O 6 Electric Toothbrush, £110 (save £240) – buy here
More Amazing Black Friday Deals
What date is Black Friday 2021 in the UK?
This year Black Friday falls on November 26.
Black Friday always falls the day after the American Thanksgiving holiday, which always takes place on the fourth Thursday in November.
What started as a US-only event has now grown into one of the biggest global sale periods in the retail calendar, with thousands of brands and retailers now choosing to take part.
Black Friday easily rivals the popular UK Boxing Day sales period after Christmas, and dwarfs Amazon’s annual Prime Day sale, which takes place earlier in the year.
When do Black Friday 2021 deals start?
Traditionally Black Friday sales began at midnight, but over the last few years many retailers have chosen to begin their sales even earlier.
We expect most major chains will tease early bird deals from the beginning of November.
This offers a longer stretch of time for shoppers to take full advantage of price cuts ahead of the festive season.
The additional time to search out deals will also be welcomed by shoppers who are concerned about supply issues that may affect stock levels of popular items during the sale.
You can check out our sale start date predictions for all the big retailers including Tesco, Very and Currys to get ahead of the rush.
How long does Black Friday last?
It’s highly likely Black Friday 2021 will be more of a month-long event, than just a 48-hour shopping spree.
Most major retailers are likely to kick off reductions from early November, with most running deals right through until Cyber Monday on November 29.
The move enabled consumers to shop for deals for longer during the restrictions that were in place due to the pandemic.
With restrictions now lifted across the UK, many retailers will be encouraging consumers back into stores.
But many bargain-hunters will still prefer to pick up huge savings online as soon as the sales go live.
Regardless of whether you plan to head to your favourite shops or sit on your sofa online and shop, it’s best to stay up to date with all the latest deals from key retailers by following this guide.
You can also sign up to retailer newsletters and follow key stores on social media to get important announcements and sale previews.
When do Black Friday sales end?
Most Black Friday sales will come to end on Cyber Monday, which falls on November 29.
Cyber Monday is traditionally an online only sale for retailers to slash prices ahead of the festive season.
Originally just a marketing ploy, the event has now become one last opportunity to pick up savings on coveted items without the chaos previously witnessed in stores during Black Fridays of yesteryear.
Black Friday 2021 deals
What’s the history of Black Friday?
The term “Black Friday” was first used by police officers in Philadelphia, in America, back in the 1950s to describe heavy traffic on the day after Thanksgiving as people began their Christmas shopping. That sparked a tradition in retail.
It became a big deal in the UK when Amazon introduced Black Friday as a sales day in 2010. Other retailers, like Asda, soon followed suit.
And, as online shopping became increasingly popular, Black Friday was joined by Cyber Monday, extending the sales period and introducing great digital-only savings for shoppers.
What are the best Black Friday deals 2021?
You can also expect incredible savings on other categories such as baby, beauty and fashion too.
Shoppers can maximise savings during Black Friday by using the Sun Vouchers website to check for extra discounts at top retailers.
It’s also worth checking cashback sites like TopCashback, which offer money back on any purchases you make at thousands of retailers when you use their site.
Right now TopCashback is offering a special £15 Black Friday bonus for all new members (it’s free to join).
The bonus can be used when making online purchases via the platform at hundreds of retailers.
What retailers are set to take part in Black Friday 2021?
Many top UK retailers are likely to take place in the shopping event this year. Here are some that have offered some of the best Black Friday deals in the past:
- Aldi – The discount supermarket is known for not only its food and drinks, but also its special buys range that includes DIY tools, homeware products and toys. Read our Aldi Black Friday guide here.
- Amazon – An online retail giant, Amazon sells anything and everything you could possibly need from electronics to furniture. Previous Black Friday sales have seen the prices of toys and electrical goods slashed. Read our Amazon Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- Ann Summers – Ann Summers is the place to head to if you want to pick up sexy lingerie or sex toys. Read our Ann Summers Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- Argos – Argos sells everything you could possibly want for your home. Read our Argos Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- ASOS – The online fashion site caters for all your fashion and beauty needs, selling ASOS own-brand ranges alongside popular high street and premium brands. Read our ASOS Black Friday guide here.
- Boots – Popular high street chain Boots is a great place to find top beauty and personal health items. Read our Boots Black Friday guide here.
- B&Q – home and garden bargains can be found at the DIY store and last year there was even a discount on inflatable hot tubs. Read our B&Q Black Friday guide here.
- Currys – Electronics giant Currys takes part in Black Friday every year and is bound to slashed thousands of prices. Read our Currys Black Friday guide here.
- Cult Beauty – The Beauty Brand carries high end brands, such as make up brand Charlotte Tilbury, to low-cost skincare companies, like The Ordinary. Read our Cult Beauty guide here.
- Debenhams – Pick up everything from clothing and accessories to homewares from the popular department store. Read our Debenhams Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- eBay – Online auction website eBay is bound to have thousands of deals on offer, so make sure you check them out too. Read our eBay Black Friday guide here.
- The Entertainer – One for the kids for sure, The Entertainer is jam-packed with top toys for little ones of all ages. Read our The Entertainer Black Friday guide here.
- Game – Gamers are bound to log on to Game’s website during the discount day to see what deals they can get on new consoles and the latest action-packed game. Read our GAME Black Friday guide here.
- House of Fraser – There’s likely to be savings across departments including fashion, beauty, electricals and furnishings. Read our House of Fraser Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- JD Sports – Sportswear fans can pick up everything from gym gear and football kits to trainers and accessories. Read our JD Sports Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- John Lewis – This high street favourite usually has discounts across departments. Read our John Lewis Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- Lookfantastic – Bag a beauty bargain from this popular online retailer. Read our Lookfantastic Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- Marks & Spencer – M&S usually offer deals across a range of categories including fashion, beauty, home and furniture. Read our M&S Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- Morrisons – The supermarket often has big Black Friday discounts. Read our Morrisons Black Friday 2021 guide here.
- Selfridges – The posh department store is where to keep an eye out for designer bargains. Read our Selfridges Black Friday 2021 guide here.
Top 10 Best Black Friday Deals Right Now
We've had a hunt around the web, and these are the best deals we've found today (November 21):
- Shark Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, £189 (save £160) – buy here
- Simba Mattress, up to 50% off – buy here
- 3 months of Audible for 99p – buy here
- Emma Mattress, save up to 60% off with code “SUN” – buy here
- Charlotte Tilbury kits, 30% off – buy here
- Apple Airpods (2nd Gen), £99 (lowest price ever) – buy here
- iPhone 12 Mini contract with FREE AirPods – buy here
- M100 Fibre Broadband, £25p/m from Virgin – buy here
- Gymshark, up to 70% off – buy here
- Fire TV Stick 4k, £24.99 (save £25) – buy here
*We may earn revenue if you click the links above and buy the products but we never let this affect our recommendations. Remember to shop around on Black Friday to make sure you’re getting the best price
Is Black Friday the best time to buy?
Black Friday is a great time to purchase a wide range of items, across all categories.
But to really understand whether you are getting a good deal we advise shoppers to check price comparison sites to find the lowest price a product has been recently marked down to.
If you see a deal during Black Friday that’s cheaper than the guide price listed on the comparison website, you can be fairly confident you’re getting a good saving.
Read our guide to find out the key differences between Black Friday and Cyber Monday and which day is best for discounts.
Is Black Friday cheaper than Amazon Prime Day?
Prime Day is just limited to the online retailer, while Black Friday offers competitive deals from numerous shops and sites. And the former is strictly limited to Prime customers.
However, there are big savings to be had on Prime Day, particularly on the company’s own lines of products – such as Echo Dot, Kindle and Fire Stick. Prime Day generally edges out Black Friday on tech deals overall.
But Black Friday is generally top for a range of other items, including homeware. It’s also better positioned for you to take advantage of big savings when it comes to Christmas shopping.
Are Black Friday deals real?
Absolutely! Black Friday is now a well-established annual tradition, with all the leading retailers and brands taking part.
However, you should still exercise caution. Always remember that if a deal looks too good to be true, and you’re not sure about the source, you should think twice before handing over your money.
We’ll recommend all the best bargains on our Black Friday pages, so do have a read for inspiration.
Will Disney+ be on sale for Black Friday?
We’re not sure yet if the streaming service will offer any deals, unfortunately.
But you can almost certainly find great free trials and bundle deals on the Disney+ website – so if you’ve been thinking about subscribing, Black Friday is definitely a good time to do it.
How to get a good deal on Black Friday
Here are some of our top shopping tips for getting the best deals in this year’s biggest sales events:
- Do your homework Don’t just rush into a purchase on Black Friday itself. Plan ahead of time what you want to buy and how it’s currently priced, so that you know where the big savings are.
- Shop around The joy of Black Friday is that all the retailers are competing to offer you the best deal. Make sure you take advantage of that: compare and contrast different items or packages, and find the one that suits you.
- Start early Keep your eyes peeled for bargains in the run-up to Black Friday – the early bird catches the deal. And if you’re waiting for the day itself, set your alarm and start shopping first thing so that you beat the competition.
- Don’t forget the last-minute deals Alternatively, if you can hold your nerve, you’ll find massive savings at the end of Cyber Monday, as retailers offer their final deals. You might find they’ve saved the best for last.
- Take advice That’s what we’re here for! If in doubt, follow our guidance for the greatest deals and how best to shop on Black Friday and Cyber Monday – and beyond!
More Top Black Friday Deals
Looking for new kitchen appliances this November? Then you might like our Black Friday coffee machine deals roundup.
We’ve also found the best early Black Friday sales and deals on fridge freezers, dishwashers and dehumidifiers.
Enjoyed our roundup of the best Black Friday deals in the UK? Check out everything you need to know about Cyber Monday in our guide here too.