GET ready for a new type of mayhem as Triad Combat hits your screens this TODAY.
Led by Triller Fight Club, the event features a packed card and fights will combine the best of boxing with MMA elements – plus a bit of live music from Metallica for good measure.
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)
Pulev was beaten by Joshua as he vyed for the heavyweight crown last year[/caption]
He will take on former MMA star and wrestler Frank Mir, who hasn’t been since his victory over Roy Nelson at Bellator 231 in 2019.
What are the rules?
In effect, the bouts will see a combination of boxing and MMA.
The fighters will wear MMA gloves and every clinch position is permitted.
All the punches in the book including hammerfists and spinning backfists are also allowed, so expect plenty of brutality.
Things that AREN’T allowed include kicks, elbows, takedowns, trips, footsweeps, headlocks and submissions.
Rounds will last for two minutes and in the case of Pulev vs Mir, the bout goes on their pro record.
UFC legend Frank Mir takes on Pulev in the inaugural Triad Combat[/caption]
When is Triad Combat – Pulev vs Mir?
- The evening’s entertainment is set for Saturday, November 27 – TONIGHT.
- It will take place at Globe Life Field in Arlington, Texas.
- Things get underway around 1am GMT, so in the early hours of Sunday here in the UK.
- The main event is expected around 4am GMT.
Which TV channel and live stream can I watch it on?
Triller are hosting this evening and as such it will be shown live on Fite TV.
The streaming only service can be accessed worldwide and has a number of available options to subscribe.
You can access the fight night itself for $9.99, or buy an annual pass $29.99.
Most read in Boxing
Metallica will be playing in Texas on what looks set to be an epic night of action[/caption]
What is fighting on the undecard?
- Kubrat Pulev vs Frank Mir (heavyweight, 9 rounds)
- Alexander Flores vs Matt Mitrione (heavyweight, 7 rounds)
- Michael Seals vs Mike Perry (middleweight, 7 rounds)
- Brian Vera vs Derek Campos (welterweight, 7 rounds)
- Scott Sigmon vs Albert Tumenov (middleweight, 7 rounds)
- Angelina Hoffschneider vs Alexa Culp (featherweight, 5 rounds)
- Harry Gigliotti vs Jacob Thrall (featherweight, 5 rounds)
What they said
Frank Mir: “I just make it everything but a boxing match.
“It’s too close to the fight to really worry about letting the cat out of the bag, but yeah, behind every punch, he’s not going to be able to throw combos.
“Every punch, I’m grabbing him afterwards, and then I’m going to work the clinch and just drag on him and really push his grappling cardio, which he doesn’t have to the experience that I do. It’s different.”
Kubrat Pulev: “So I don’t like to speak too much what I will do because you know this is like one little war.
“But for sure, I will be very, very heavy for him because I’m very combative.
“That’s why I’m prepared good, I have lot of power, and I feel great to fight with him because he’s also a great fighter and I respect him.”